If you are a Spotify user then you might be knowing that Spotify Shuffle Sucks!!!. It keeps on repeating the new songs that are added to the playlist leaving the old ones Also, it plays only those songs that you have listened to recently or have listened to it too many times. Also, if you are a free user Spotify forces you to shuffle the songs.
It is a very common Spotify issue that should have been resolved a long time before but it hasn’t been resolved by Spotify yet. But no worries! you can resolve this issue on your own.
In this article, we will see a detailed guide on how we can fix the Spotify shuffle issue. Stay Tuned!!!
Introduction to Spotify:
Spotify is one of the most famous audio streaming platforms that was launched in October 2008. On Spotify, you can listen to music, podcasts, video streams by different artists. Listening to music is free on Spotify but you can upgrade to premium to enjoy more benefits like ad-free music, etc.
It has more than 320 million monthly active users out of which 144 million users have bought Spotify premium. Spotify is available in 92 countries. On 26 February 2019 Spotify launched its services in India and it was a success. It gained a lot of users from India
This craze of Spotify among people is because of the algorithm that Spotify uses to provide the music to the users according to their tastes and likings. But the users are not really a fan of the Spotify Shuffle feature. The reason that most of the users gave is that the randomness of the shuffle is not as random as it must be.
How Spotify algorithm works:
If you think that the repetition of the song while shuffling is a bug or issue then you are wrong. Because the repetition of the song of the same artist is also a random thing and you face this on Spotify because of its new algorithm.
Firstly, all the songs of the same artist are spread as evenly as possible by the algorithm and then all the songs of the artists are collected in an ordered position. Spotify algorithm tries hard to not repeat the songs from the same album one after the other. But the songs of the same artist can be repeated.
However, we don’t want to listen to the songs of the same artist or the same song again and again. So, below are the few solutions that you can try to fix the Spotify shuffle not working properly issue.
How to fix the Spotify Shuffle Sucks:
If you are not happy with the Spotify shuffle then there is nothing you can do. However, there are some other alternatives that you can try to fix the Spotify shuffle sucks issue. on your own Here is the list of methods to do it:
- Use a third-party website to shuffle the songs
- Randomize the playlist Manually
- Sort the playlist by Title
- Update and Restart Spotify
Let us understand all the methods in detail
Use a third-party website to shuffle the songs:
You can fix the shuffle sucks issue on Spotify using this website spotifyshuffler. All you have to do is log in to this website using your Spotify account. It will automatically load all the playlists and then all you have to do is press a button. It will shuffle the songs for you. To perform this trick follow the below steps:
- Open the browser on your computer or mobile device and go to spotifyshuffler.com.
- Click on sign-in to Spotify, it will take you to the login page. Here, Log-in with your Spotify account.
- After you successfully sign in, It will list all the playlists on your account.
- Now, click on the Shuffle playlist button in front of the playlist you want to shuffle. It will start shuffling all the songs in that playlist and after it is done you will receive a message that your playlist has been successfully shuffled.
- Lastly, Open your Spotify application and enjoy the shuffled songs.
- Note that for this method to work you must have a playlist created in your account.
Use the text Mechanic tool:
If you find any difficulty shuffling Spotify playlists then you can try this method to make Spotify shuffle better. Before we start with the method you must note that this method only works with the desktop version(Windows/Mac/Linux) and does not work with the web player or the mobile apps.
- Open the Spotify application on your desktop and go to the playlist you want to shuffle.
- Next, open the browser and visit “textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/sort-text-lines/“
- Now, go back to your Spotify playlist and press the keys Ctrl + A to select all the songs. If you want to choose specific songs from the playlist to shuffle then click on press and hold the Ctrl key and tap on the required songs.
- After that press Ctrl + C to copy the playlist
- Now, return back to the website, clear the demo text from the text box, and paste(Ctrl + V) the copied playlist there.
- After, that click on the Random button as many times as you want to reshuffle the playlist.
- Now, press the Ctrl + A button to select the shuffled playlist and press Ctrl + C to copy it.
- Go back to the Spotify app and you have two choices: 1: Create a New playlist and paste the newly shuffled songs 2: Erase the songs of the current playlist by pressing Ctrl + A and Delete and paste the randomized playlist.
- In this way, you can fix the Spotify shuffle fix issue on your desktop
Randomize the playlist Manually:
Another method to fix the Spotify shuffle sucks issue is to manually Randomize the playlists. This method only works on the desktop version of Spotify. Here are the steps to randomize your Spotify playlist:
- First, open the Spotify application on your desktop and open the playlist from your Library that you want to shuffle.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the songs and then press Ctrl + C to copy all the songs. It will copy the URL of all the songs.
- Now open the browser and go to text randomizer tool and paste the copied playlist and click on Randomize Lines! button to shuffle all the songs.
- Again copy all the shuffled songs and go to Spotify. Then a create a new Playlist and paste all the songs.
- Enjoy the newly shuffled Spotify songs
Sort the playlist by Title:
If you find the above methods difficult then you can try this method. All you have to do is sort the songs by Title rather than using the shuffle feature. Follow the below steps to sort the playlist by Title:
- Open the Spotify application and go to the playlist.
- Click on the three dots above the playlist and click on the sort playlist option. In that click on the Title option
- This will sort the songs by Title and you can enjoy the songs without repetition.
Update and restart the Spotify application:
If You are using the older version of the Spotify application then update the application and restart it. The problem might resolve. As there are many users complaining about the Spotify shuffle issue. The company might be taking action to fix it by providing you updates.
So it is recommended to update the application to the latest version to solve the issue. Also, if you have already updated the Spotify app to its latest version then log out and relog-in into your account. It will solve the Spotify Shuffle problem.
In the above article, we have discussed the Spotify shuffle problem and the possible methods to fix the Spotify shuffle issue. Also, let me know in the comment box which method helped you solve this issue.