Are you facing a microphone not working issue in HyperX cloud 2? If yes, then you have come to the right place. This article will guide you through the solutions to help you fix the HyperX mic not working issue in Windows 10.
HyperX Cloud 2 is a great gaming headset but sometimes it just starts facing mic, not working issues when connected to a Windows computer. It can be due to some changes in the computer’s audio settings or something else. Also, this is a very common error that is faced by a lot of HyperX users. Hence, there are plenty of solutions available to fix this error. So we have brought all the easy and effective solutions in this article. Stay tuned!!!
- 1 Introduction:
- 2 Why do we face the Hyperx mic not working issue?
- 3 How to fix hyperx cloud 2 mic not working
- 4 Wrapping up:
Kingston HyperX Cloud II is an affordable gaming headset. It is the best product if you are a gamer. It has many advanced features that help you enhance your gameplay
The features of this headset include Virtual 7.1 surround sound, a Detachable noise-canceling mic, Built-in mic monitoring so that you don’t speak too loudly while the headset is on, and much more. You can get yourself HyperX cloud 2 for $99.99 (Note the prices may vary in different countries and states).
But recently a lot of users complaint on different forums regarding the mic issue with this headset. They were not able to play multiplayer games like CS go, or talk to someone on skype because of the mic not working issue. So in this article, we will see how to troubleshoot the mic issue on hyper x cloud 2.
Why do we face the Hyperx mic not working issue?
The causes for the Hyperx cloud 2 mic not working issue in Windows 10 depends on many factors, here are a few of the causes that might be the reason for the error
You can face the mic not working issue if there is a hardware defect on the Headset. That is if the mic was already defective when you received the headset. In such a case, you must replace the Headset and get a new one
The faulty drivers can also be the culprit behind the Kingston hyperx cloud mic not working issue in Windows 10. So you must keep your audio drivers updated to the latest version.
You can also face the hyperx cloud gaming headset mic problems on your Windows 10 computer if there is any unwanted change in the Audio settings of the system
How to fix hyperx cloud 2 mic not working
Here are few solutions that will help you fix the hyperx cloud headset mic not working issue on Windows 10. But before jumping on to the solutions check if the Headset is properly connected to the USB port, the mic volume is not low, and also check if the mute switch hasn’t been activated. Most of the time, users switch on the mute switch due to which they face the mic not working error. Hence before using the hyperx cloud 2 headset, properly set up the configurations.
So, try these basic troubleshooting methods, and if the issue persists then jump onto these solutions to fix the hyperx cloud 2 mic not working issue.
Here are few fixes that you can try to fix the hyper x cloud 2 mic not working:
- Change your sound settings
- Change Input device from sound settings
- Troubleshoot sound problems
- Update the drivers
- Contact the manufacturer
Let us see each method in detail
#1 Change your sound settings:
You can face the hyperx cloud 2 mic not working issue if your audio device is disabled. So to fix the error you must keep the hyperx cloud 2 as your default audio device because if it is not set to default then it may get disabled again. Here are the steps to do it:
- Go to search and type control panel to open the control panel app
- Then click on the Hardware and Sound options
- In that, click on the Sound option
- A new window will pop up. In that go to the Recordings tab
- Here you will find all the recording devices.
- If you do not see your device right-click on the empty space and click on show disabled device.
- Now, right-click on your device and click enable.
- After that tap on your device and click on the set as default button below and then click on apply to save the changes
#2 Change Input device from settings:
If your input device is not set to some other device then you might face the hyperx cloud 2 mic issue on Windows10. To change the input device follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the Speaker/headphone icon at the bottom left corner of the taskbar
- Select the open sound settings option.
- Next, scroll down at the bottom and click on the App volume and device preferences option under Advanced sound options
- Now, click on the drop-down menu under the Input option
- From the drop-down menu select the hyperx cloud 2 headset as the input device.
- After this, you must not face the mic issue.
#3 Troubleshoot sound problems:
Another method that you can try to fix the hyperx headset mic not working is troubleshooting the sound problems using the inbuilt function provided by Windows 10. Here are the steps to perform the troubleshooting
- Right-click on the speaker/headphone icon
- Then click on the Troubleshoot the sound problems
- After this, it will start looking for detecting problems
- After troubleshooting is over restart the computer to save the changes.
#4 Update the drivers:
Sometimes, faulty drivers installed on your system can lead to the hyperx microphone not working issue on Windows 10. So you must keep all the system audio drivers and the hyperx 7.1 audio driver updated to its latest version. Here are the steps to do it
- Press Windows + R to open the run prompt
- In that type “devmgmt.msc” and hit enter to open device Manager.
- Here, look for the Sound video and game controller and double click on it
- It will list all the audio component
- Right-click on each component and click on update driver to update it to the latest version
- Repeat the above step with all the components.
- Lastly, restart the computer to apply the changes. After this, the hyperx cloud 2 microphone problem must be resolved.
#5 Contact the manufacturer:
If the above methods do not help fix the hyperx cloud 2 headset mic issue then you must contact the manufacturer for additional support. Maybe there is some problem with the mic hardware. If you just bought the headset or if it is in warranty they will repair the headset if possible otherwise, will they replace the headset and provide you a new one.
A lot of users reported that they solved the issue by resetting their PC, while some claimed that they fixed the hyperx mic not working issue by reinstalling windows. If you are OK with these methods then you can try these methods also.
So in this article, we have covered all the points regarding hyperx mic not working issue. We saw the causes and the possible solutions to fix the error. If you have any queries regarding the solutions you can reach out in the comment box