Avast is a free antivirus tool that protects your computer from malicious software, viruses, worms, etc.It is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. The software is one of the best antiviruses that are available to use.
Recently a lot of its users have been facing problems with Avast antivirus. The Avast antivirus doesn’t open. Even after a lot of troubleshooting, the problem persists.
So, the last thing one can try is to uninstall and reinstall Avast and see if the problem persists or it’s gone.
The Avast is a free antivirus tool that was founded by Pavel Baudiš and Eduard Kučera in 1988. It was later acquired by AVG technologies in 2016 for an amount $1.3 billion. It is available for all Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, etc. operating systems.
The monthly active users of Avast have now crossed 400 million mark. There are more than 435 million active users that are using Avast in a month. This makes Avast the second most used antivirus software in the world
The services provided by Avast include computer security, browser security, antivirus software, firewall, anti-phishing, antispyware, and anti-spam among other services.
It also provides services like antivirus protection, web threat scanning, wifi scanning, browser protection, and a cloud management console.
It gives all the services in its paid versions. So if you are using the free version you may not be able to enjoy the full services that are provided by Avast.
It’s paid options to go from Premium security to Ultimate. The Premium security version has two options i.e. you want it for one device or multiple devices.
Avast paid options price ranges from $27.14 a year to $44.79 a year. One can choose plans based on their requirements.
Why do we need to reinstall Avast?
The Avast antivirus is a third party software tool used for computer security. Also, Avast is one of the best antivirus tools that are available out there in the market and has provided the best services to its users over years.
But recently a lot of people have encountered issues with Avast software. Some of the issues faced by people are
1] A lot of windows 10 users have been facing a black screen problem after installing Avast on their system. Black screen problem is a very serious issue and if you are facing it too then you can solve it by
- pressing keyword combination ctrl+ alt+ delete and select the Task manager,
- In Task Manager click on the file menu and select run the new task and type regedit, click on the check box and then click OK
- Double click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and then on folder SOFTWARE and then MICROSOFT folder. After that check for folder WINDOWS NT and double click on it. Then double click on folder CURRENTVERSION right underneath it.
- Now look for folder Winlogon double click on it. In that look for the file named shell.
- Double click on it to open. Make sure that it is written explorer.exe in value data if not then type explore.exe undervalue data and then click OK to save changes
- Close all and press keyword combination ctrl+ alt+ delete again.
- In the bottom right corner click on the power button and select Restart.
2] Another problem faced by a lot of Avast users is that Avast won’t open. If you click on Avast it won’t start at all. There are two methods to solve this problem
- Method 1: Right-click on Avast and click on Run as administrator and then click on yes. If you are not the administrator then it will ask for a password. Enter the password and then click yes
- Method 2: Go to control panel, > click on uninstall a program under programs, > select Avast and then click repair
3] Another problem with windows is, It shows an error message to uninstall Avast as it is not compatible with Windows 10. This problem is faced when you try to update windows.
4] It also has some issues like it won’t update if you try to update it to a newer version.
How to reinstall Avast: Steps
Before we reinstall we’ll have to uninstall the Avast already installed on our system. To do so follow these steps:
- 1: Download aswclear.exe from the official Avast website on your desktop. The aswclear.exe is an Avast Uninstaller. Make sure you are connected to a good Internet network
- 2: After you download the file shut down your pc. Wait a few seconds and then boot again.
- 3: During the boot process press and hold the f8 function key to boot into safe mode
- 4: Double click aswclear.exe to install it on your desktop
- 5: Open file explorer and go to the folder where Avast files are situated and click on remove
- 6: Restart your system.
- 1. Download avastinstaller.exe from the official Avast website
- 2. click on the check box to agree to the terms and conditions agreement
- 3. Give all the permissions it asks for
- 4. click on install to install the Avast antivirus tool
- 5. After all the processing is completed restart your computer to successfully install Avast antivirus on your computer
If you are Avast user and have been facing some issue that don’t go even after a lot of trouble shooting try reinstalling Avast. In the article above we have covered all the steps to do it. Do read, and follow if you were looking for a guide to reinstall Avast