Crunchyroll is the first thing that comes to mind when we talk about watching anime. Millions of anime fans watch anime on Crunchyroll in their free time. But the consecutive ads make that experience frustrating. The ads in Crunchyroll are so frequent that they may even annoy the people with the coolest minds. And the worst part about the ads is that you can’t skip them which makes the watching experience even more miserable.
If you are an anime fan and enjoy watching them on Crunchyroll but have been fed up with the nonskippable ads, this article is for you. In this article, we are going to discuss how you can block ads on Crunchyroll for free.
- 1 Crunchyroll ads 2021:
- 2 Stop ads with Crunchyroll premium:
- 3 How to block ads on Crunchyroll with browser extension:
- 4 How to Remove ads from Crunchyroll App:
- 5 FAQs:
- 6 Conclusion:
Crunchyroll ads 2021:
Crunchyroll is an American distribution company that streams anime, manga, etc. One can say it is the largest anime library. It is available for iOS, Android, Chromecast, etc. operating systems. You can watch anime on Crunchyroll without even logging in
Crunchyroll to some extent is free however the only problem with it is its nonskippable ads. The ads on Crunchyroll are so long that you can go to the moon and back, just kidding!! But there are so many ads that anyone may get irritated. The series of ads start right before the video plays then you get four ads of 30 seconds each at the beginning, middle, and end of the episode and most importantly you can’t skip the ads.
The ads on Crunchyroll are related to anime which sometimes give spoilers and true anime fans don’t appreciate such ads. Also, few ads on Crunchyroll contain inappropriate content. So, these ads must be removed as soon as possible.
Stop ads with Crunchyroll premium:
The Crunchyroll premium is the easiest method to stop ads. So, if you wish to enjoy anime without any ads you should buy the premium on Crunchyroll. The premium membership comes with three plans
- Fan for $7.99/month
- Mega fan(1 month) for $9.99/month
- Mega fan(12 months) for $79.99/year
All these Crunchyroll premium plans offer
- No ads
- Unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library
- New episodes one hour after Japan
- Access to digital manga (manga is only available in English)
- Offline viewing (only on mega fan plans)
With a fan plan, you can stream on one device at a time while with mega fan plans you can stream on 4 devices at a time without any ads. But if you don’t have money to buy premium then there are other techniques through which you can avoid ads on Crunchyroll.
14 days free trial:
You can enjoy Crunchyroll ad-free by using the free trial benefit but the problem is that you will have to complete the series that you are watching in 14 days because you will start facings again after the trial period is over.
Crunchyroll guest pass:
The Crunchyroll guest pass is a benefit that the premium user gets which allows them to invite friends to the site to check out the premium features free for 48 hours. So, if your friends have bought the premium you can ask them for the guest passcode which you can enter into the Crunchyroll guest pass page and enjoy premium service free for 48 hours.
However, if your friends do not have a premium account or they have a fan plan then in that case here are few sources through which you can get the guest passcode and watch Crunchyroll without ads.
Source 1: Crunchyroll forum
A lot of premium service users share their guest passcode on the Guest pass thread on the Crunchyroll forum. You can find a lot of codes shared by different users. You just need to find the working one and boom!! no ads Crunchyroll for 48 hours.
Source 2: Reddit
The Crunchyroll users have their own small communities on Reddit where they share everything related to Crunchyroll. You can find many subreddits for Crunchyroll and from there you can get the guest passcodes.
Related: How to block ads on Hulu
How to block ads on Crunchyroll with browser extension:
Most users use Crunchyroll on their browser so they use adblocker extensions so that they can watch on Crunchyroll without ads. But Crunchyroll keeps on updating itself to bypass these adblockers. As a result, the adblockers do not work with Crunchyroll sometimes. Moreover, most of the AdBlock extensions are just useless. Most users download these types of extensions by mistake and then search on the internet about “Adblock not working on Crunchyroll” to find solutions.
So, are few ad-block extensions to avoid the AdBlock not working on the Crunchyroll issue and save your precious time. Before we get started here are a few ad blockers that you can use to stop ads on Crunchyroll.
These adblockers have thousands of users and are very useful in blocking ads on Crunchyroll. However, if you still face ads while watching on Crunchyroll, follow the solutions below to tackle this problem.
Use Crunchyroll Html5 player:
Crunchyroll displays ads when it plays the video on its player. We can redirect the video to an HTML player to watch anime without ads on Crunchyroll. Also, it is the most recommended method by a lot of Crunchyroll users. To do it follow the below steps:
- Open your browser and go to this mega link
- Click on Download as Zip on the top left corner.
- Go to the location where it is downloaded and extract it to a new location.
- Now, open your Chrome browser and go to extensions
- Enable developer mode if not already enabled, and then click on load unpacked.
- Select the html5 folder and click on open. This will add the Crunchyroll html5 extension to your browser
- That’s it!! Now you can enjoy Crunchyroll without any ads
Update the AdBlocker installed on the browser:
To bypass the adblockers Crunchyroll keeps on updating itself by implementing new techniques to its code. Similarly, the adblockers update themselves to bypass Crunchyroll. So, you need to keep your adblocker extension updated to the latest version. Here are the steps to update the adblocker extension in your chrome browser.
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots beside the search bar to open the menu
- Drag your mouse pointer to the More tools option and then select the Extensions option
- Now click on the toggle button to enable Developer mode if not already enabled
- Then click on the update button to update the extensions installed on your browser
- Lastly, open Crunchyroll and check if the ads persist
Change Hosts file:
Crunchyroll uses static.vrv.co to play ads in Streams. So, we can modify the host’s file used to map the IP address to a domain to stop the ads from loading on Crunchyroll. To do it follow the below steps:
- Go to search and type notepad and open it as Administrator.
- Next, click on the file menu and click on the open option
- Now, in the open dialogue box change the file format to All files
- Open the host’s file by Navigating to the required directory. Usually, this file is located at C:\Windows\WinSxS\etc.
- If you can’t find it, copy-paste C:\Windows\WinSxS\ on the address bar and then type hosts on the search folder beside it. Wait for it to complete the search you will find the hosts file.
- Now add 127.0.0.1 static.vrv.co on a new line in the host’s file and save it.
- Lastly, open the browser and open Crunchyroll, and check if the ads are gone
How to Remove ads from Crunchyroll App:
If you enjoy watching your favorite anime on Crunchyroll on your android and iOS device then here is the method through which you can remove ads from Crunchyroll. Follow the below steps to do it:
- Download and install Adlock application on your android and iOS devices.
- Next, click on the three dots to open the side navigation bar
- In that, click on the Settings option and then click on the check for updates option
- Click on the update all button to update all the filters
- Next, go to the Adblocker tab and enable HTTPS filtering.
- After this, you can enjoy your favorite shows on Crunchyroll without any ads.
Q. How to watch Crunchyroll without ads on Xbox, PS4?
A. There is no trick or method to avoid ads on Crunchyroll on PS4 and Xbox. However, you can enjoy the 14 Crunchyroll free trial to skip the ads
Q. What are the free adblockers to skip ads on Crunchyroll?
A. AdBlock, Ublock, AdGuard, are some of the free ad-block extensions to avoid ads on Crunchyroll.
This article discussed how you can block ads on Crunchyroll to enjoy watching your favorite anime ad-free. We have also discussed the possible solutions to fix the adblockers not working on the Crunchyroll problem.`